Australia is one among the top immigration destinations in the world. If offers plenty of opportunity for the new immigrants in the country, especially for the one coming on Skilled Migration visa, Study Visa, Business Visa, etc. With its most organized point-based system, high wages, cultural diversity, world-class cities, and high employment rate, Australia attracts and invites thousands of immigrants every year in the country. The ongoing Skill Shortage across various industries of Australia has also given the chance to many young and talented individuals to come, live, work or get settled in Australia on the permanent basis.
Let’s take a look at the various immigration pathways and Visa categories in Australia.
- Permanent Visas
- Visit Visas
- Study Visas
- Working Visas
- Holiday Visas
- Business Visas
– Check how to apply – Go to Assessment Form
Australian immigration benefits
Australia is an advanced country with the powerful economy and fantastic infrastructure; it offers several benefits to the immigrants coming here to live, work, business or settle permanently.
A few of these key benefits are:
- The low unemployment rate and skill shortage in Australia provide opportunity to foreign workers to explore and get huge job and career opportunities in Australia.
- The Skill Independent Visa and other nominated/sponsored Visa Categories offer you the permanent residency status to live in the advanced country like Australia to live and work here on a permanent basis
- Australia is a perfect country to raise the family with several social security benefits and free or subsidized healthcare facilities.
- With a strong economy, ideal democratic policies, membership with several international trade and financial organizations makes Australia a perfect country to set up or invest in a business.
- The world-class education system and top Australian universities make it the ideal study destination in the world.
- Australia is a dream destination for millions of people across the world with, high living standard, world-class cities, quality of life, vibrant lifestyle, stunning beaches, sports and recreation activities, etc.
- Point-based immigration system, ideal settings, and faster visa processing make Australia a perfect country to apply for permanent residency.
What are the Various Australian Visa Categories?
There is an infinite choice to choose from the list while applying for the Australian permanent residency. Here we have listed few most frequent applied visas.
Australia is known for its organized immigration system and uncomplicated immigration policies. Skilled migration and sponsored/nominated visas are the most common immigration pathways for Australia.
Let’s take a look at the key eligibility requirements based on the common work visa categories in Australia:
An applicant must:
- Be under 50 years of age (for skilled/sponsored work visas)
- Get the IELTS Certification (English Language Proficiency Test) done with appropriate score
- Get the Skill Assessment done by a recognized assessing authority
- Get the nomination/sponsoring from an Australian state or territory government, as per your visa requirement (for sponsored/nominated visas)
- Choose an occupation to apply for SOL/CSOL list of Australia
- Submit an online EOI (Expression of Interest)
- Score minimum 60 points in the point based system on your key profile factors, i.e. age, education, English proficiency, work experience, etc.
- Be in good health and of good character (provide the essential certifications confirming the same)
Australian immigration process and processing time
Australia has got the point-based immigration system to allow immigrants in the country. Hence, you need to score well in the point system to become eligible for Australia immigration. The minimum points required to quality for the point based visas are 60 points. However, higher point score can increase your chances of getting selected.
The stepwise Australian immigration process is as follows:
- Get the IELTS certification done with appropriate score
- Get Skill Assessment done from a relevant assessing authority
- Choose an occupation from SOL (Skilled occupation list) /CSOL to apply
- Get sponsorship/nomination form an Australian state or territory (if applicable)
- Now submit an EOI (Expression of Interest) on SkillSelct.
- If your profile is selected, you will get an invitation to apply for the visa.
- You will have 60 days to submit the application for visa.
Well, the processing time may vary based on the visa type or category you choose. The processing time usually takes minimum one month to one year and even more depending on your selected visa category.
Australian immigration points system
As already discussed, Australia is known for its organized point-based immigration system. Once, you submit an EOI (Expression of Interest) in SkillSelect (online system to process EOIs received for visa), your profile is given a definite point score. The points are given based on the key factors of your profile, such as Age, Education, English Language Proficiency, Work Experience, Nomination/Sponsorship from an Australian State or Territory, etc. The minimum points you need to score to qualify for a particular point based visa are 60 points.
Australian immigration policy and rules for new Immigrants
Australia is secular as well as culturally diverse country. The Australian immigration policy and rules are equal for all immigrants without any discrimination and prejudice. It is based on the objective to develop the community and society of Australia keeping in mind the interest and needs of the Australian Labor Market, industries, and economy. The immigration policy and rules of Australia are subject to change time to time based on the need and requirement of country’s growth, economy, development as well as the changing environment across the world. Now we will discuss below how a new immigrants immigrate to Australia from India.
Immigration to Australia from India
Today, a variety of Indian nationals are living permanently in Australia and significantly contributing in the economy here, as in last few years, a huge number of Indians have immigrated to Australia. The Australian working conditions, climate, Job profiles and community suits the Indians to a great deal that has caused the large scale Immigration to Australia from India in last few years. Visas Avenue is a reputed Visa Consultancy Services in India that has a team of highly qualified and experienced Immigration Specialists. Visas Avenue being thorough with the key details of Australian Immigration Procedure and Indian applicants, have been helping thousands of Indian applicants in Immigration to Australia
How Abrazo Immigration can help you get your Australian Visa
You would require the proper assistance and advice to submit EOI in Skill Select and for further Australian Visa processing. In order to get the proper guidance,, help and assistance regarding the Australian Skilled Visa Application you may contact Australian Immigration Expert at Visas Avenue Bangalore or you can fill the free assessment form to get a call back from Immigration Specialist. We will assess your profile details and demographics and subsequently advice and help you in filing you Visa Application at earliest.
Abrazo Immigration Delhi Branch is one of the leading Immigration Consultancy Services that has been guiding and assisting thousands of Immigration Applicants regarding immigration to hotspot immigration countries, i.e. Canada, Australia, USA, UK, New Zealand, South Africa etc. for the last few years.